Silicon Valley Power a highly reliable, municipally owned utility with a strong track record of maintaining consistent and steady prices to their market. SVP is 25 - 45% less for electricity than utility providers in neighboring cities.
- Two (2) 50MW dedicated substations on-site, owned by Vantage.
- All 50MW are currently permitted by appropriate environmental and regulatory agencies.
- Power is provided through two (2) diverse feeds from Silicon Valley Power. Diverse feeds ensure that loss of a single substation will not affect the campus.
- Redundant paths from substations to the PDUs in the data center modules.
- V1: Three (3) 2MW generators with a 4,000-gallon shared remote tank. In addition, there are five (5) 2.75MW generators with their own individual 5,000-gallon belly tank designed to deliver 24 hours of emergency power. The generators operate in a parallel configuration.
- V2: Six (6) 3MW generators with their own 6,000-gallon belly tank designed to deliver 24 hours of emergency power. The generators operate in a parallel configuration.
- V3: Four (4) 3MW generators each with their own 5,140-gallon belly tank designed to deliver 24 hours of emergency power. The generators operate in a parallel configuration.
- Central Plant: Three (3) 2MW generators with a 4,000-gallon shared remote tank.
- 2N to provide for concurrent maintainability
- At full load, the UPS battery capacity is rated at a minimum of 5 minutes
A variety of mechanical infrastructure is implemented throughout the campus to provided cooling;
- Chilled water CRAH units and outside air economization
- Built up penthouse with DX cooling coils and outside air economization
The Santa Clara campus is carrier neutral and uniquely situated in close proximity to major telecommunications carriers with easy access to robust metropolitan and long haul fiber networks.
Current on-campus carriers are:
- Zayo (AboveNet)
- Silicon Valley Power
- Two Factor Authentication (Biometric Authentication minimum at all egress and ingress checkpoints).
- CC IP HD camera monitoring throughout the entire facility.
- PTZ camera monitoring for all building and campus external space(s).
- Vantage–staffed guard station access at all main lobby areas.
- Two–factor campus perimeter gate control at all gates.
- Two–factor central plant area access, mission critical area access, and all transport/delivery access.
- Seismically identified Zone 4.
- SIF 1.5 rating.
Outside 500 year flood plain.
“We take our environmental responsibility to minimize carbon footprint seriously as shown by our design process that minimizes PUE and certification of our Santa Clara V2 and V3 data centers as LEED Platinum; V1 is pending LEED Platinum certification. Power to the site is provided by Silicon Valley Power, one of the most reliable and lowest cost utilities in the Bay Area. Our secure data centers are served by a diverse set of telecommunications providers to allow for highly connected, redundant fiber access.”
Jim Trout, CEO
VANTAGE DATA CENTERS